The tablet revolution continues. People have more choices than ever when it comes to tablets that address specific needs. LAPTOP Magazine pulled together a list of the top 10 tablets presently on the market, and Intel processors power half of them. With a choice of operating system, size and features, Intel-based tablets provide all the power, agility and speed needed.
Customers Panasonic*, CTL* and M&A Technology* Announce New Intel Reference Design-Based Products
ATLANTA, June 29, 2014 – Intel Corporation announced that three customers launched products based on its new education-specific product reference designs this week at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 Conference in Atlanta. Created by Intel® Education, these reference designs draw on more than a decade of experience in student learning, providing customers with shorter development time, customization capabilities and the latest technologies, features and software. The three products are the Panasonic 3E*, the CTL Education Chromebook* and the M&A Education Chromebook*.
Designed for active learning and active students, the Panasonic 3E is a tablet that comes with a detachable keyboard to deliver laptop capabilities. Panasonic is the first company to offer Intel's purpose-built 2 in 1 reference design as a device for K-12 students.
The Panasonic 3E ships with a comprehensive software bundle of essential K-12 applications that makes learning more active and teachers' lives easier. It also features a thermometer probe, on-board cameras and an add-on lens that turn science and mathematics into hands-on, highly engaging, STEM-centered learning.
Based on Intel® Education's reference design for Chromebook, the CTL Education Chromebook and M&A Education Chromebook are lightweight, easy to use and can withstand daily student use – in class, at home and anywhere between. Developed for students, the Chromebooks feature a rugged, easy-carry handle; rotatable camera; optional snap-on lens for science exploration; and non-slip texture.
The Education Chromebooks are equipped with Intel Inside® for the best Chromebook experience, providing students with long battery life for all-day learning and the best ability to multitask, open multiple tabs and support offline learning. Intel is investing in the Chrome ecosystem to ensure that Intel® architecture offers the best experience in a Chrome browser.
"These new reference designs demonstrate the diversity of Intel's portfolio of education solutions," said John Galvin, vice president of the Sales and Marketing Group and general manager of Intel Education. "Instead of taking a one-size-fits-all approach to transforming education, we provide a variety of different tools – including devices, software, content and professional development services – to ensure that school districts can choose the right solution to achieve student success."
Below is an overview of Intel's additional activities at the conference. For general information, visit www.intel.com/iste.
- Intel's booth at ISTE features:
- Award-winning educators with real-world education technology experience sharing their unique perspectives and discussing how technology has changed learning and teaching in their classrooms;
- Third grade teacher Suzy Brooks, who is sharing her experience at ISTE via social media on Twitter and Pinterest;
- Free copies of "Transforming Education for the Next Generation: A Practical Guide for Learning and Teaching with Technology," a new guide for school leaders that includes step-by-step actions to help schools create systemic change and transform education;
- Free codes for digital downloads of "Personalized Learning: A Guide for Engaging Students with Technology," an Intel® Education-underwritten and ISTE-published book designed to help educators and administrators understand the concepts behind personalized learning and share with them step-by-step guidance on planning, funding and implementing a school-wide personalized learning program;
- A mobile device bar with the latest Intel processor-based education products; and
- Interactive learning kiosks featuring:
- The Kno* app, a turnkey solution for deploying a digital education curriculum that supports learning that inspires and prepares students;
- Visionary strategies on personalized learning and transforming education; and
- How to design active learning spaces.
About Intel Education
In our increasingly global economy, Intel Corporation recognizes that curiosity, critical thinking and a quality education are necessary to prepare tomorrow's workforce for jobs of the 21st century. That is why Intel collaborates with governments, NGOs and industry to advance education and enable individuals to develop skills for lifelong success. Intel gets directly involved in developing education solutions and programs as well as through advocacy and technology access efforts. Intel's programs are tailored based on local community needs, but are unified by the common theme of unlocking individual potential by providing the skills and opportunities for success. www.intel.com/education
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world's first commercially available "conflict-free" microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com and about Intel's conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel, Intel Inside and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
1 Battery life testing conducted by Quanta using Google Chrome OS power_Load Test. Battery life will vary and the maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.chromium.org/chromium-os/testing/power-testing for test details.
NEWS HIGHLIGHTS Panasonic*, CTL* and M&A Technology* announced education-specific products based on Intel reference designs – the Intel Education 2 in 1 and Education Chromebook – this week at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 conference in Atlanta. The Panasonic 3E, the first product to market using the Intel Education 2 in … Continued
The post Intel Showcases Education Solutions for All Kinds of Classrooms at ISTE 2014 appeared first on Intel Newsroom.